Pages

Sunday 17 January 2016

House Makabius, part 4

The Knights painting has started in earnest.  The metal is Tamiya Flat Aluminium applied with an airbrush.



This is the base FW used for their Cerastus Knight Castigator and I really like the colour.  I will be washing the chassis several times in a 1:1:1:1 mix of lahmian medium, seraphim sepia, nuln oil and water.  The gold trim is a pain, so I have ordered some retributor armour to see if I can reduce the number of coats required.  It's been five coats so far on the Acherons carapace, and its translucent in places still.


I had a brain fart while sorting out the armoured fuel lines, and got the two ends mixed up.  I happily started shaving down the end that should attach to the gun!  This will set the build back while I fix it, but I can add it later I suppose.

This week I hope to get all the armour plates painted for all four Knights. The transfer set is out next week and my set is on order. So next weekend, I want to get these applied. 

Finally, Look what arrived Friday!


The long hobby war contiunes...

2 comments:

  1. Shaping up nicely there matey! I really enjoyed the Crasus pattern Knight the most (aside from all the trim of course!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, it rapidly becoming my favourite model. An absolute joy too build. Even the Pistons!

      Delete