I've been working on some 3D zone mortalis files to print and here is what I have come up with so far. It's a rough lay out to give you an idea what the parts will be like. Once finalised, sub assemblies will be merged for printing. The floor by the wall sections is in need of the most TLC. I will be adding pipes to the tops of the wall sections and making removable door sections.
I'm leaving wall sections blank to glue GW and other vendor gubbins to the completed section.
I'm a while away from a test print, but I hope to have something ready soon.
In the comments the other day, Siph from the WeeMen asked for a tutorial on how to stud your dreads. It's a simple process, the hardest part is finding the right pins! It's a hang up from the old days when preheresy meant converting.
1) first you build the model in sub assemblies. The key is keeping making sure you can access the locations you want studs on. I have the body, left and right legs, and, left and right arms. This tutorial is on the shoulders.
2) mark the dill points. The first one I did, I marked with pencil, then made a pilot hole with a knife. Now days I'm all about the crazy mad knife skillz ;)
3) drill the holes. You don't need to go all the way through the model, but it's easier the deeper the hole.
4) Select a pin.
5) cut the pin, I use a set of old sprue cutters. Wire cutters would be better. Note I hold the pointy bit and brace the end. This stops it flying off and taking an eye out, or worse, losing the tiny bit of sharp metal!
6) Using tweezers and super glue, carefully stick in the hole prepared eariler.
So the Internet is alive with the sounds of dreadtober, so I thought I would build the second of my three dread Vlka Fenryka talon. This and the third dread will be rocking the assault cannon/power fist combo. This is more to do with saving money for the new prospero box rather than a love for the load out.
In keeping with my first dread, I've put studs on this dread. I think these look great on the dreads, as I like to think the rout got these standard then customised them. This particular dread has the front scroll work removed. All told this took me about five hours, but to be honest, it would have been much quicker with a decent drill.
Unusually I drilled the exhausts prior to assembly!
Hi all, I have put together the first half of my first tactical squad. They need transfers and weathering but they are nearly there (and barrels drilled and repainted). I will probably add holstered pistols and combat blades in the future. The models I'm building from now will get these prior to paint.
All said, these are game ready.
Here is the test model with a transfer.
The bases colours are blatantly ripped off from Drake Seta of the battle bunnies Vlka Fenryka.