Pages

Saturday 4 March 2017

Warlord Titan build

Today's post is about the continuing journey on my Warlord Titan.  I've pretty much finished the worky bits of the legs, so it was time to move on to the body.  The body is an absolute pig to assemble.  All the parts are warped a bit so using a hair dryer and going slow are order of the day.

I got frustrated with gluing times, so I changed from JB Weld metal, to JB Weld plasticweld.  Thanks Siph Horridous form the WeeMen for recommending this and confirming his Warlord is still solid after using this.  This glue drys quite quick and forms a bond almost as strong as the other glue.

I'm halfway through assembly at this point, though I have already built the shoulder weapon mounts.  So hopefully the body build will be finished this week.

On to the pictures...





The long hobby war continues...

4 comments:

  1. Glad I could help, hopefully the quicker drying time will help with this build. That torso part is what I found the most challenging bit. All my clamps, and elastic bands... I'd better get mine progressed soon otherwise your second build will be finished before my first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I see o these big Titans the more I think that a mini helicoil driller and a handful of nutless threaded bolts might be a go-er.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how you have to completely change the style of building once the models get to this size!

    ReplyDelete