Friday, 31 March 2017

Da Bloo Boyz

Todays post is about a project I've been beavering away on over the last few weeks.  This has been a fully time commitment, so my blogging and commenting have been forced to take a back seat.  While not finished to a finished standard, the models are ready for gaming now barring transfers.  A couple need teeth and jewellery painting.

DA BLOO BOYZ (also known as Da Thieving Gitz)

Over the weekend I'll be playing in a league with some of the Battle Bunnies so wish me luck!

Next up, more Halo Ground Combat.

The long hobby war continues...

Sunday, 12 March 2017

Halo Ground Command - UNSC Warthog Painting Guide

Did somebody order a Warthog?

Todays post is again about Halo Ground Command.  This time, it's painting up a UNSC Warthog.  I have Seven of these to build and paint, fortunately, 1:100 scale is great for painting quick.  I love these in game and the models are great.  I do wish they had a passenger though.

Here is my take on it.

To paint this I used the following guide:

- Undercoat black

- Paint the hull and hub caps GW castellan green.

- Paint the details (trims, machine gun stand, roll bar, etc) GW Adeptus Mechanicus Standard Grey.

- Paint the tyres black.

- paint the wind shield GW Kantor Blue.

- Paint the rear lights red.

- Paint the crew GW nurgling green.

- Paint there crews armour in GW Zandri Dust.

- Paint the crews boots Gothgor Brown.

- Wash the crew and trims in Army Painter Strong Tone ink.

- Paint the raise green details in a 50:50 mix of GW castellan green and Elysian Green.

- paint the raised details of the crews armour GW Zandri Dust.

- dry brush the console in the cab with GW Temple Guard Blue

- Lightly dry brush over the console with GW Baharroth Blue

- Paint the faces GW Kislev Flesh.

- Wash the faces with Army Painter Soft Tone ink.

Congratulations, your hog is ready to go!

The long hobby war continues...

Friday, 10 March 2017

Halo Ground Combat - UNSC Infantry Paint Guide

To give me a bit of a break from Games Worshop, I decided to paint some of another Sci-fi franchise that I love.  While the most recent games are a bit pants, Halo Reach is without a doubt, one of my favourite games of all time.  When Spartan Games realeased a tabletop version of this game, I bought some starter sets, built one base and a warthog, then put the whole lot in the loft of doom.

Today I decided to paint the infantry.  These are based very much of the marines in game.

To paint these I used the following method:

- Base coat the model in GW Nurgling Green.  This is quite a thin layer paint so you will need several coats.

- Paint armour plates GW Zandri Dust

- Paint Weapons GW Mechanicus Standard Grey.

- Paint the boots and backpack GW Gothor Brown.

- Wash the model with Army Painter ink Strong Tone.

- Wait for it to properly dry, while making sure the ink doesn't pool to much.

- Paint the raised areas of the armour with GW Zandri Dust.

- Paint face GW Kislev Flesh.

- Wash with Army Painter ink Soft Tone.

Congratulations, the miniature is now ready for basing!

The long hobby war continues...

Tuesday, 7 March 2017

Warlord update

Today's post is about the current state of play of my as yet unnamed warlord (yes Zzzzzzz, I have seen your suggestion 😜).

Elements of the alpha Legion were called to the build site to prevent incursion by forces unknown.

The body box it now done.  I have magnetised the head as well.  Next job is the gubbins on top.  I'll also be magnetising the VSG and weapons.  The hardest bit is now done, it's just time consuming work left.

In case your wondering.  This is were Custodii Tempestus build currently is.

The long hobby war continues...

Monday, 6 March 2017

Printer problems

So my printer is having problems.  Grrrr....

This the quality of prints I'm getting at the moment.

This is the last thing I managed to print.

I finally assembled shipping container number 2.  Here's what it looks like.

The long hobby war continues...

Saturday, 4 March 2017

Warlord Titan build

Today's post is about the continuing journey on my Warlord Titan.  I've pretty much finished the worky bits of the legs, so it was time to move on to the body.  The body is an absolute pig to assemble.  All the parts are warped a bit so using a hair dryer and going slow are order of the day.

I got frustrated with gluing times, so I changed from JB Weld metal, to JB Weld plasticweld.  Thanks Siph Horridous form the WeeMen for recommending this and confirming his Warlord is still solid after using this.  This glue drys quite quick and forms a bond almost as strong as the other glue.

I'm halfway through assembly at this point, though I have already built the shoulder weapon mounts.  So hopefully the body build will be finished this week.

On to the pictures...

The long hobby war continues...