Pages

Sunday 24 April 2016

Hydra dominatus, heavy support

Over the weekend I've been building some support Astartes for my Alpha Legion army.  First up auto cannons.


These were a jot to build.  The parts fit easily with no problems, I think the look good and should make for a nice Killy unit.

Next up missile launchers


The look good,but where a lot trickier than the auto cannons.  The right hand needed a bit of filing, the the elbow was file flatter (not flat!) to get the fit right.  The targeting cameras are a nice touch.

And finally, everyone loves CHOOM!!  Some volkite cavaliers


These were an easy build.

I may build the autocannons and cavaliers into 10 man squads as I have the parts sat in a box.  I've also got a set of Volkite Culverins, so far one is built, and other than the cable, this was pretty easy!

Have you tried the new FW weapon sets? What did you think?

The long hobby war contiunes...

2 comments:

  1. Lovely builds, man - really digging the new heavy weapon sets, very reminiscent of the old RT-era Chaos Renegades heavy weapons. Looking forward to seeing 'em painted up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, yes the renegades were cool. I have a few white painted thousand sons somewhere. One even has the flamer body!

    ReplyDelete