Did somebody order a Warthog?
Todays post is again about Halo Ground Command. This time, it's painting up a UNSC Warthog. I have Seven of these to build and paint, fortunately, 1:100 scale is great for painting quick. I love these in game and the models are great. I do wish they had a passenger though.
Here is my take on it.
To paint this I used the following guide:
- Undercoat black
- Paint the hull and hub caps GW castellan green.
- Paint the details (trims, machine gun stand, roll bar, etc) GW Adeptus Mechanicus Standard Grey.
- Paint the tyres black.
- paint the wind shield GW Kantor Blue.
- Paint the rear lights red.
- Paint the crew GW nurgling green.
- Paint there crews armour in GW Zandri Dust.
- Paint the crews boots Gothgor Brown.
- Wash the crew and trims in Army Painter Strong Tone ink.
- Paint the raise green details in a 50:50 mix of GW castellan green and Elysian Green.
- paint the raised details of the crews armour GW Zandri Dust.
- dry brush the console in the cab with GW Temple Guard Blue
- Lightly dry brush over the console with GW Baharroth Blue
- Paint the faces GW Kislev Flesh.
- Wash the faces with Army Painter Soft Tone ink.
Congratulations, your hog is ready to go!
The long hobby war continues...