To give me a bit of a break from Games Worshop, I decided to paint some of another Sci-fi franchise that I love. While the most recent games are a bit pants, Halo Reach is without a doubt, one of my favourite games of all time. When Spartan Games realeased a tabletop version of this game, I bought some starter sets, built one base and a warthog, then put the whole lot in the loft of doom.
Today I decided to paint the infantry. These are based very much of the marines in game.
To paint these I used the following method:
- Base coat the model in GW Nurgling Green. This is quite a thin layer paint so you will need several coats.
- Paint armour plates GW Zandri Dust
- Paint Weapons GW Mechanicus Standard Grey.
- Paint the boots and backpack GW Gothor Brown.
- Wash the model with Army Painter ink Strong Tone.
- Wait for it to properly dry, while making sure the ink doesn't pool to much.
- Paint the raised areas of the armour with GW Zandri Dust.
- Paint face GW Kislev Flesh.
- Wash with Army Painter ink Soft Tone.
Congratulations, the miniature is now ready for basing!
The long hobby war continues...